- Free Flagpole Photographers memberships for the rest of the 2020-2021 season which ends in June 2021. This free membership allows you to enter photos in our competitions and scavenger hunts. Click here and request a free membership.
- All activities continue to be virtual. Visitors are welcome to attend all meetings.
Special Flagpole Photographers Activity – Scavenger Hunt on Saturday, March 6.
Open to members and everyone else. Click and request a free guest pass.
Upcoming activities (all)
- March 6, Saturday 9:00 am, Live streaming of the Scavenger Hunt category selection. Let the hunt begin.
- March 7, Sunday 4:00 pm, Live streaming of the Scavenger Hunt results. Learn the story behind the photos.
- March 11, Thursday 7:15 pm, “Artistic Expression through Smartphone Photography” with Michael Koren
- March 25, Thursday 7:15 pm, Competition with “Creative Lighting” Assigned Subject & “Take a Closer Look” Monthly Challenge
Special New England Camera Club Council (NECCC) Activity
Spring Pandemic Photo Showcase. Sign up today!
All individual members of any of the NECCC camera clubs are invited to participate in a fun and free Pandemic Inspired Photo Showcase! This event is designed so everyone can participate from their own homes. There are five categories, Pandemic Partners, In the Safety Zone, Mealtime, Games and My Life in Black and White. You can enter photos in as many categories as you like, from just one to all five, however, you can’t enter the same photo in more than one category. All photos must have been taken in 2021. This is your chance to get creative! A category’s “meaning” is open to your interpretation! Let’s have some fun with this! Everyone who participates and enters at least one photo will then be eligible to select their top favorite in each category. Even though this showcase is focused on individual participants, the NECCC camera club with the greatest percentage of members participating will be recognized.
In the news
- 2021 Flagpole Photographers Annual Competition & Exhibit – Uploads from May 1 to 12. Exhibit opens May 16.
- Watch recording of Feb 11 Sandy Schill presenting Quarantine Photography
- Watch recording of Feb 28 Competition and listen to Judge’s comments and see all entered photos.
- View Feb 28 Competition Results
- A few recent highlights from our Facebook group (non-Facebook links)
- 16 Awesome creative photography ideas by PhotoZender at https://youtu.be/O_27Pe5-6L0
- Top 10 Photography Ideas at Home (lockdown & quarantine) by Wolf Amri at https://youtu.be/hxf9kzWHj0c
- Perseverance Rover’s Descent and Touchdown on Mars (19 cameras on another planet!) by NASA at https://youtu.be/4czjS9h4Fpg