This year’s annual competition is digital!
- Open Color
- Open Monochrome
- Enter up to 6 photos
- No more than 3 photos in any category
- No photo can be entered in multiple categories
- All photos must have been taken in the last 36 months
- Photos that have won an award in a monthly competition are not excluded from this competition
People’s Choice Voting Begins
People’s Choice Voting Ends
Live Judging and Awards Presentation
The following awards, in this order, are presented by a team of outside judges at the annual competition. No photograph may receive more than one award, with the exception of the People’s Choice Award.
- Judges’ Best in Show
- Bruce Allen Open Photo Award
- Dave Kriger Nature Award – 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Jeannette Talarino Flower Award – 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Color Open – 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Monochrome Open – 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Judges Choice Award – 1 award per judge
- *People’s Choice Award – Voted on by club members before the outside judging begins
Award Selection Process
- The judges will score all photos in all categories. No winners selected yet. No ties broken yet.
- “Judges Best in Show” and “Bruce Allen Open Photo” – The top 2 scoring photos (or more if there is a tie) in each category will be displayed for the judges to review. They will then select one of these as the “Judges Best in Show.” From the remaining photos in this group, they will select the “Bruce Allen Open Photo” award. These 2 photos will then be removed from whichever categories they had been in as they are no longer eligible to win another award.
- “Dave Kriger Nature Award” – Judges will determine first, second and third place in the Nature category. First place will receive the Dave Kriger Nature Award.
- “Jeannette Talarino Flower Award” – Judges will determine first, second and third place in the Flower category. First place will receive the Jeannette Talarino Flower Award.
- “Open Color” – Judges will determine the first, second and third place photos.
- “Open Monochrome” – Judges will determine the first, second and third place photos.
- “Judges Choice Award” – Judges will each choose their favorite photo from any photo has not yet received an award.
- “People’s Choice Award” – All Flagpole Members will be allowed to select their favorite photo to help determine the “People’s Choice Award.” Members may not select their own photo. This selection takes place before the judging of the others begins.