Hope everyone had a fantastic summer! Our new season starts tonight with online Mentor Night. Get ready for our first program night next Thursday, September 8. The program will be a Photo Walk outside at Fairfield Hills. Grab your camera and show up. Also, it’s a fun time to capture our September Monthly Challenge subject of Bricks!
- September 1, Thursday at 7:30 pm – online Mentor Night. Mentor Night is about asking questions, sharing knowledge and the fun of learning more about all things related to photography. Anyone can pre-submit questions and members can upload photos before the meeting.
- September 8, Thursday at 7:30 pm – Photo Walk outside at Fairfield Hills. Let’s start our 2022-2023 Flagpole Photographers season with our cameras in our hands. Meet in the parking lot of the Newtown Senior Center (to the far right of the community center building) for a photo walk. Bring your cameras as well as your tripods. Everyone can walk around individually or in groups and take photos of various things we find around Fairfield Hills campus. This will be a great opportunity to get your camera out of its bag, ask questions, and practice your evening and night photography techniques. There are opportunities all over the campus to take photos. Hope to see everyone there.
- September 22, Thursday at 7:30 pm – Competition. Assigned Subject “Nature” and Monthly Challenge “Bricks”
- Online option – meeting link on event page
- In-person option – Newtown Senior Center
In the news
- A few recent highlights from our discussions and elsewhere
- One Mistake Every Beginner Car Photographer Makes (YouTube.com)
- Scott Kelby: What Makes a Great Travel Photo? FYI – This is very similar to his presentation at NECCC Photo Conference (YouTube.com)
- Types of Light in Photography (Acrobat .pdf)
- 8 Sunrise Photography Tips for Breathtaking Results (Acrobat .pdf)
- Should You Switch from DSLR to Mirrorless? (Acrobat .pdf)