Happy New Year Everyone!
We have added two photo industry experts to our winter program calendar – Flower Photography by Anne Belmont and Intro to Smartphone Photography by Michael Koren. Full calendar here.
All meetings continue to be virtual. Visitors are welcome to attend all meetings.
- January 14, Thursday at 7:15 pm, “Roundtable” Discussion – Bring your questions! Bring your answers! Bring your holiday joy!
- January 28, Thursday at 7:15 pm, Competition with “Defying Gravity” Assigned Subject & “More Than One” Monthly Challenge. Members can submit up to 4 photos. The categories are Assigned Subject, Open Color (A or B), Open Monochrome (A or B) and Monthly Challenge. Monthly Challenge photo must be taken after Nov 20, 2020.
- February 10, Wednesday 7:15 pm, Flower Photography by Anne Belmont
- February 11, Thursday 7:15 pm, “Quarantine Photography” Presentation by Sandy Schill
- February 25, Thursday 7:15 pm, Competition with “Tension” Assigned Subject
In the news
- Flagpole’s own John Munno is delivering a set of virtual photography classes. Click the links below for more information.
- Get to Know Your Digital Camera – Part I. Learn how to better use your digital camera’s functions and modes to take more creative and compelling images. Thursdays, January 7, 14, 21 & 28 from 7 pm – 8:30 pm.
- Photoshop Elements I. Bringing your photos to life with Photoshop Elements – digital photography editing software program. Tuesdays, January 12, 19 & 26 from 7 pm – 8:30 pm.
- Printing Your Photographs Workshop. Monday, January 18th from 7 pm – 8:30 pm.
- A few recent highlights from our Facebook group
- The Most Important Composition Rule That Nobody Ever Tells You! Video by Karl Taylor.
- “Magic of Acadia”, a photographic guide to Acadia National Park. Ebook by John Munno.
- Drone view of Rhonda’s Sandy Hook Christmas lights. Video by Chane Cullens and Drone footage by Chad Cullens.
- The Most Underrated Skill In Landscape Photography: SCOUTING! Video by Joshua Cripps Photography.