There are lots of learning opportunities to start our new season! See below for three September programs.
Flagpole Photographers will continue to hold “Virtual Online Meetings” at least through the end of December.
Breaking news – Our September 24 competition’s new Monthly Challenge category is “Barns!” All Barn photos must be taken after September 3.
- September 6, Sunday at 2:00 pm, Free Virtual Program – “The Invention of Photography”. Presented by Connecticut historian John Cilio and sponsored by the C.H. Booth Library.
- September 10, Thursday at 7:15 pm, Virtual “Architecture Photography” Presentation by Mark Ashbolt and “Ice Cream Social”. Show up early and share what your ice cream looks like with your webcam.
- September 11, Friday at 7:30 pm, Free Virtual Program – “The Comprehensive Wildlife Photographer” by Charles Glatzer, Canon Explorer of Light. This program is designed to enhance both your technical ability and visual sense and it is sponsored by the Westchester Photographic Society.
- September 24, Thursday at 7:15 pm, Virtual Competition with “Nature” Assigned Subject. Members can submit up to 4 photos. The categories are Nature, Open Color (A or B), Open Monochrome (A or B) and Monthly Challenge category of Barns.
In the news
- September 3 – Flagpole Photographers Press Release announcing our 2020-2021 season.
Club Membership and Dues
Everyone may attend our meetings and watch and learn for free. Members may participate in our competitions, exhibits and have a personal gallery and profile on FlagpolePhotographers.com. New member annual dues are $35 per person or $55 for a family membership. Students are free. These rates are the same for last year’s members who would like to pay this year. Send your checks payable to Flagpole Photographers Camera Club to Doug Bilinski, 30 Fawn Road, Easton, CT 06612.