I hope your summer is going well! Our season will be starting soon and we have lots of changes coming up!
- There has been a change in our program night schedule. Our program night on Sep 8th will feature a presentation on post-processing using Photoshop by Phil Keane followed by an ice cream social. Erik Landegren’s talk on Creativity has been moved to Oct 13th.
- Competition rules have changed. Assigned Subject is now digital. The 4 categories are now:
- Digital Assigned Subject – entries may be color or monochrome
- Digital Open – Class A or Class B – entries may be color or monochrome
- Print Color Open
- Print Monochrome Open
- The website look has changed. FlagpolePhotographers.com continues to the be the go to place for information on club happenings. You’ll see a more photo orientated look to highlight what we do. Members will find most of what they need to know, including logging in and uploading photos, in the “Members” menu.
- The Newtown and Beyond Exhibit dates have changed. The exhibit will now run for the month of October at the Newtown Municipal Center.
- We still need a club Secretary and a club Equipment Manager. If you are interested contact to Mark Ashbolt, firstname.lastname@example.org. Or just show up early at our meetings to get more involved.
- Sep 8, 7:30 pm – Ice cream social and program night
- Sep 22, 7:00 pm – Newtown and Beyond Exhibit print drop off. There will be a special table at our monthly competition for you to drop off your prints for our exhibit at the Municipal Center that opens October 1. You can enter up to 20 photos in the exhibit and you can offer them for sale if you like. More details later.
- Sep 22, 7:15 pm – “Nature” competition
In the news
- A dozen members attended the NECCC Conference in July. Congratulations to Rick and Darrell on their winning conference photos! See photos at New England Camera Club Council Conference story.
- Rhonda’s been working on getting donations and grants for the Newtown Senior Center to improve our audio/video experience. This includes a PA system we can use to better hear the judges and the titles of the photos. More details later.
To unsubscribe, reply to email@example.com with a subject of “Remove”