This page contains what you need to know about entering your photographs and volunteering to make our 7th Annual “Newtown & Beyond” Exhibit a success! If you have any questions, email Rhonda@CCullens.com.
- Now – Choose and prepare your photos! Sandy is putting together the advertising poster and needs photographs. Please email one or two of your favorites that you are going to put in the exhibit to her at: firstname.lastname@example.org We will also need some for our web advertising. See directions below on uploading.
- Now – Help us advertise both the Exhibit and the Reception! Spread the word! Share the following link with your friends! Click Here
- September 22 Titles Due – Email titles and prices of all your photos to Rhonda@CCullens.com for our photographer and price listing sheet that will be available to the public at the Exhibit.
- September 22 Drop Off – Thursday night at 7 pm at the Senior Center, just before our September Competition, give your photographs to Rhonda.
Note: If you want to compete with a photograph that night, you may turn in that photo after the competition. Wait to attach the label on the bottom until after the competition.
- September 30 – 9:30 am Hang show and set up for reception
- October 2 Opening Reception – 2 – 4 pm. Please invite all of your family, friends and everyone else to the public reception.
- October 28 Take Down and Pick Up – 10 am – 1 pm Members and buyers may pick up photos at the Municipal Center.
“Newtown and Beyond” – Photos featuring Newtown are strongly encouraged, but not required. They do, however, tend to sell the best!
Exhibit of the best of our work at the Newtown Municipal Center. Every member may submit photos, matted or mounted, but no frames. If final submissions exceed space and hanging limitations, however, the exhibit committee will select entrants. Photos may be offered for sale if maker chooses.
This year we will be using the same type of label template that we use for our Annual Show rather than the “removable” labels we’ve used in the past for this exhibit. Click here for the template. You’ll need to enter your title in the top box, your name in the lower left box, and the price, or the words “Not for sale” if you don’t want to offer them for sale, in the lower right box. Then print them, cut them out, and attach to the backside of the bottom center so the text boxes are visible from the front. The outside top of the title box should be showing just below the mat or mounted photo. If you want, you can bring the labels with your photos and we can help put them on at drop off. Also, if you want to compete with that photo at the September Competition, you can wait and put the label on after the competition.
Preparation of Photos
Use plenty of strong glue/tape etc. to secure all layers, especially if double matted and/or using mounting board or foam core. Photos will be hanging all month and need to stay together!
On the Backside
Please make sure your name, title and either price or “Not for sale” are on the back of your photos just in case the label comes off.
If you choose to offer your photos for sale, please use whole dollars, in increments of $5, with a minimum of $20.
Multiple Sales of a Photo
The first person to request to buy a photo will get the one off the wall and can pick it up at the end of the exhibit. If others want your photo as well, I will email you to ask if you are willing to reproduce additional copies and get them to me before pick up on October 28.
Registration of Photos
Email all titles with exact spelling and punctuation to Rhonda@CCullens.com by Thursday night, September 22, so I can make up the photographer and price list sheet and won’t have to retype everything from your labels. Also note if your photos will be offered for sale or not and at what price.
Advertising Photos Needed ASAP
Email one or two images of photos you will be exhibiting to Sandy at email@example.com to possibly be used in advertising posters that will be displayed around town. Please send them as soon as possible!
Providing Digital Photos for Web
We also need digital photos for our advertising on the web page about the exhibit. Click here to upload your photographs. Or use Members drop down menu on the club website after logging in, Upload photo, Event, 2016 Newtown and Beyond.
We will be hanging the exhibit on Friday, September 30, starting at 9:30 a.m. at the Municipal Center. You’re welcome to come help join the fun hanging the show!
On Friday, October 28, starting at 10:00 a.m. we will be taking down the exhibit. Feel free to help take the photos back down too!
You may pick up your photos Friday, October 28, from 10 am – 1 pm at the Municipal Center. I’ll bring anything not picked up then to our November Competition on November 10. You may also pick them up at my house after November 10 as well.
Our Public Opening Reception will be Sunday, October 2, from 2-4 pm at the Municipal Center. This is a great opportunity for people to come meet us, the photographers, and ask us questions about our photos and the club. Please invite your friends, relatives, neighbors, co-workers etc.! All are welcome!
There are many areas to contribute to making this a great exhibit for us. Reach out to these committee leads to learn how to help.