This page contains what you need to know about entering your photographs and volunteering to make our 6th Annual “Newtown & Beyond” Exhibit a success. If you have any questions, email Rhonda@CCullens.com.
- Now – Choose and prepare photos! Sandy is putting together the advertising poster and needs photographs. Please email one or two of your favorites that you are going to put in the exhibit to her at: email@example.com We will also need some for our web advertising. See directions below on uploading.
- Now – Help us Advertise both the Exhibit and the Reception! Spread the word! Share this link with your friends! Click Here
- October 21 Titles Due – Email titles (Up to 20) and prices to Rhonda@CCullens.com.
- October 22 Drop Off – Thursday night at 7 pm at the Senior Center, just before our October competition, give your photographs to Rhonda.
Note: If you want to compete with a photograph that night, you may turn in that photo after the competition.
- November 2 – 9:30 am Hang show
- November 8 Opening Reception – 2 -4 pm. Please invite all of your family, friends and everyone else to the public reception.
- November 30 Take Down and Pick Up – 10 am – 1 pm Members and buyers may pick up photos at the Municipal Center.
“Newtown and Beyond” – Photos featuring Newtown are strongly encouraged, but not required. They do, however, tend to sell the best!
Exhibit of the best of our work at the Newtown Municipal Center. Every member may submit 20 photos, matted or mounted, but no frames. We are getting 75’ more exhibit hanging space which means we can hang more photos than in the past. If final submissions exceed space and hanging limitations, however, the exhibit committee will select entrants. Photos may be offered for sale if maker chooses.
Multiple Sales of a Photo
The first person to request to buy a photo will get the one off the wall and can pick it up at the end of the exhibit. If others want your photo as well, I will email you to ask if you are willing to reproduce additional copies and get them to me before pick up on November 30.
If you choose to offer your photos for sale, please use whole dollars, in increments of $5, with a minimum of $20.
Online Registration of Photos
Email all titles with exact spelling and punctuation to Rhonda at Rhonda@CCullens.com by Wednesday night, Oct. 21, so I can make up removable labels for them. Also note if your photos will be offered for sale or not and at what price.
Advertising Photos Needed ASAP
Email one or two images of photos you will be exhibiting to Sandy at firstname.lastname@example.org to possibly be used in advertising posters that will be displayed around town. Please send them as soon as possible!
Providing Digital Photos for Web
We also need digital photos for our advertising on the web page about the exhibit. Click here to upload your photographs – choose “2015” and “Newtown and Beyond”.
Preparation of Photos
Use plenty of strong glue/tape etc. to secure all layers, especially if double matted and/or using mounting board or foam core. Photos will be hanging all month and need to stay together!
On the Backside
Please make sure your name, title and either price or “NSF” (Not For Sale) are on the back of your photos!
Monday, November 2, starting at 9:30 a.m. at the Municipal Center. You’re welcome to come help join the fun hanging the show!
Monday, November 30, starting at 10:00 a.m. Feel free to help take the photos back down too!
You may pick up your photos Monday, Nov. 30, from 10 am – 1 pm at the Municipal Center. I’ll bring anything not picked up then to our Holiday Party on Dec. 11. You may also pick them up at my house after Nov. 30 as well.
Sunday, November 8, from 2-4 pm at the Municipal Center. The public is welcome to join us! Please invited your friends, relatives, neighbors, co-workers etc.!
There are many areas to contribute to making this a great exhibit for us. Reach out to these committee leads to learn how to help.