This page contains what you need to know about entering your photographs and volunteering to make our 12th Annual “Newtown & Beyond” Exhibit a success! If you have any questions, email Rhonda@CCullens.com.
- Now – Choose and prepare your photos! We are putting together the advertising poster and web advertising and need your photographs. Please upload a few of your favorites you will be exhibiting using our upload page.
- October 23-27 Titles Due – Before you drop off your photos, email all titles and prices of your photos to Rhonda@CCullens.com for our photographer and price listing sheet that will be available to the public at the Exhibit.
- October 23-27 Flexible Drop Off at Rhonda’s – Bring your unframed photographs that are either matted or mounted to a firm backing to Rhonda Cullens at 9 Founders Lane, Sandy Hook. Call her house phone at 203-426-8473 before you come to make sure someone is home. If you prefer “contactless drop-off” we can open the garage door and you can leave them in the plastic bins. Note: The last drop off day, October 27, is our competition night, so please drop off before 7:00 pm that day.
- October 27 Drop Off at Competition Night – If you are going to the Senior Center for the in-person competition night, you may give your photos to Sandy.
- November 1 Hang Show – 9:30 am Hang show at the Municipal Center.
- November 6 Opening Reception – 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm Masks are optional. (No food served.)
- December 9 Early Purchase Pick Up for Holiday Gifts – 11 am – 12:30 pm. Buyers may pick up photos at the Municipal Center.
- December 29 Take Down and Pick Up – 11 am – 12:30 pm Members and buyers may pick up photos at the Municipal Center.
“Newtown and Beyond” – Photos featuring Newtown are strongly encouraged, but not required. They do, however, tend to sell the best!
An exhibit of the best of our work at the Newtown Municipal Center. Every member may submit photos, matted or mounted, but no frames. If final submissions exceed space and hanging limitations, however, the exhibit committee will select entrants. Photos may be offered for sale if photographer chooses.
We will be using our “exhibit style” labels. Click here for the template. You’ll need to enter your title in the top box, your name in the lower-left box, and the price, or the words “Not for sale” if you don’t want to offer them for sale, in the lower right box. Then print them, cut them out, and attach to the backside of the bottom-center so the text boxes are visible from the front. The outside top of the title box should be showing just below the mat or mounted photo. If you want, you can bring the labels with your photos and we can help put them on at drop off.
Preparation of Photos
Use plenty of strong glue/tape etc. to secure all layers, especially if double matted and/or using mounting board or foam core. Photos will be hanging for two months and need to stay together!
Also, please draw a small line on the top backside indicating the exact center of the photo. This will assist in the attachment of the plastic hanging hooks. If this line is not in the center, the photo will hang crooked.
On the Backside
Please make sure your name and title are on the back of your photos just in case the label comes off.
If you choose to offer your photos for sale, please use whole dollars, in increments of $5, with a minimum of $20.
Multiple Sales of a Photo
The first person to request to buy a photo will get the one off the wall and can pick it up at the end of the exhibit, or earlier in December if needed as a holiday gift. If others want your photo as well, I will email you to ask if you are willing to reproduce additional copies and get them to me before pick up date.
Registration of Photos
Email all titles with exact spelling and punctuation to Rhonda@CCullens.com before you drop off your photos. Deadline is October 27, so we can make up the photographer and price list sheet. Also note if your photos will be offered for sale or not and at what price.
Advertising Photos Needed ASAP
Please upload a few photos you will be exhibiting using our upload page. These photos may be used in exhibit advertising posters that will be displayed around town and on our website. Please send them as soon as possible!
We will be hanging the exhibit on Monday, November 1, starting at 9:30 a.m. at the Municipal Center. You’re welcome to come help join the fun hanging the show!
On Friday, December 30, starting at 11:00 a.m. we will be taking down the exhibit. Feel free to help take the photos back down too!
You may pick up your photos Friday, December 30, from 11 am – 12:30 pm at the Municipal Center. If you can’t pick up at that time, please call or email Rhonda to make other arrangements.
There are many areas to contribute to making this a great exhibit for us. Contact us to learn how to help.
- Photographs, Advertising, Hanging, Takedown – Rhonda Rhonda@CCullens.com or 203-426-8473