This page contains everything you need to know about entering your photographs and volunteering to make the Annual Competition and Exhibit a success. If you have any questions, email Rhonda@CCullens.com. For pubic information, like where and when, see 2015 Annual Competition Exhibit May 23 – June 18.
Timeline (all activities at the C. H. Booth Library meeting room)
- Now – Sandy is putting together the advertising poster and needs photographs. See directions below.
- May 21 drop off – Thursday night at 7 pm, just before our May competition, give your photographs to Rhonda Cullens.
Note: If you want to compete with a photograph that night, you may turn in that photo after the competition.
- May 31 reception – Sunday 11:30 (room setup), 12:30 (judging), 1:45 (food setup), 2:00 (public reception) 4:00 (cleanup)
- Please invite all of your family, friends and everyone else to the 2 pm public reception.
- June 4 People’s Choice results – Thursday 7 pm, Sandy and Danielle will count the People’s Choice Ballots.
- June 18 pick up – Thursday night at 7 pm, just before our June competition, take down your photos.
The maximum is six photographs; three color and three monochrome. Follow our normal print competition guidelines (maximum size 16″ x 20″, matted or mounted, no frames …). Use plenty of strong glue/tape etc. to secure all layers, especially if double matted and/or using mounting board or foam core. Photographs will be hanging for four weeks and need to stay together!
At the bottom of each print will be a visible label that includes the title and photographer’s name. The name will be folded under when judging. Make sure there is no more than 1/2″ inch space between the top “title line” and the bottom “name line”. The labels should be no larger than 3″x 5″. Here are some templates you can use to print your labels. Printing template 8.5×11 – for the visible labels at the Annual Exhibit and Printing template 3×5 index card – for the visible labels at the Annual Exhibit. Also, there will be a supply of labels available at drop off.
Providing digital versions for advertising posters and web
We need digital versions of some of your photographs for our advertising posters that will be displayed around town. Also, we will use some of the digital versions on the web page about the exhibit. Click here to upload your photographs – choose “2015” and “Annual show”.
There are many areas to contribute to making this a great show for us. Reach out to these committee leads to learn how to help.
- Judging – Sandy (current volunteers – Jim)
- Photographs – Rhonda (current volunteers – Chane, Sandy)
- People’s Choice – Rhonda (current volunteers – Sandy, Danielle)
- Advertising – Sandy (current volunteers – Danielle)
- Reception – Lucy (more help is needed for setup and/or cleanup, email@example.com or 860-836-0271)
- Logistics – Rhonda (current volunteers – Chane, Sandy)