This page contains everything you need to know about entering your photographs and volunteering to make the exhibit a success. If you have any questions, email Rhonda@CCullens.com. For pubic information, like where and when, see 2014 Annual Exhibit May 17 – June 12.
Timeline (all activities at the C. H. Booth Library meeting room)
- Now – Win is putting together the show poster and needs sample photographs. Please email them to her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 15 drop off – Thursday night at 7 pm, just before our May competition give your photographs to Rhonda Cullens.
Note: If you want to compete with a photo that night, you may turn in that photo after the competition.
- May 16 setup – Friday from 5 – 7 pm, preparing and hanging the photographs on the meeting room walls
- May 18 reception – Sunday 11:30 (room setup), 12:30 (judging), 1:45 (food setup), 2:00 (public reception ) 4:00 (cleanup)
Please invite all of your family, friends and everyone else to the 2 pm public reception.
- May 22 people choice results – Thursday 7 pm, Sandy and Danielle will count the People’s Choice Ballots
- June 12 pick up – Thursday night at 7 pm, just before our June competition take down your photos
The maximum is six photographs. Three color and three black & white. Following our normal print competition guidelines (maximum size 16″ x 20″, matted or mounted, no frames …). Use plenty of strong glue/tape etc. to secure all layers, especially if double matted and/or using mounting board or foam core. Photographs will be hanging for four weeks and need to stay together!
At the bottom of each print will be a visible label that includes the title and photographer name. The name will be folded under when judging. Make sure there is no more than 1/2″ inch space between the top “title line” and the bottom “name line”. The labels should be no larger than 3″x 5″. Here are some templates you can use to print your labels. Printing template 8.5×11 – for the visible labels at the Annual Exhibit and Printing template 3×5 index card – for the visible labels at the Annual Exhibit. Also, there will be a supply of labels available at drop off.
Providing digital versions for advertising posters and web
We need digital versions of some of your photographs for our advertising posters that will be displayed around town. And we will use some of the digital versions on the web page about the exhibit. Email them to Win Brickmeier at email@example.com
There are many areas to contribute to making this a great show for us. Reach out to these committee leads to learn how to help.
- Judging – Bob (current volunteers – Jim, Sandy, Sue)
- Photographs – Rhonda (current volunteers – Bob, Mark, Paul, Sue, Sandy, Don and Danielle are helping with setup)
- People’s Choice – Rhonda (current volunteers – Sandy, Chane)
- Advertising – Sandy (current volunteers – Win, Paul, Rhonda)
- Reception – Lucy (more help is needed for setup and/or cleanup, firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-836-0271)
- Logistics – Rhonda (current volunteers – Chane, Sandy, Win, Paul)