Flagpole Photographers Workshop Day
Visitors are welcome to register.
This hands-on workshop is a great way to boost your photography skills while capturing photos of historic Newtown and Sandy Hook. Work side-by-side with award-winning photographers for the entire session. The morning will start with an outdoor session in Newtown, then move a few miles to an outdoor session in Sandy Hook. After lunch, we will move indoors and focus on digital darkroom skills enhancing this morning’s photos for printing and social media.
- 8:45 am – Meet at The Pleasance in Newtown, 1 Main Street, Newtown, CT
- 9:00 – While taking photos, focus on fundamentals, holding camera steady, composition, moving for different angles/different heights/different distances
- 9:30 – Learn about changing how much of the scene should and can be in focus, and how this changes composition options
- 10:00 – Break and drive 2 miles to downtown Sandy Hook,7 Glen Rd, Sandy Hook, CT
- 10:30 – Learn about capturing motion, freezing motion, blurring motion, whatever is appropriate for the scene
- 11:00 – Learn how to combine creativity, composition, focus depth and motion to create better photos with a special activity
- Noon – Lunch on your own in Sandy Hook area
- 1:00 – Drive 1.5 miles to Newtown Senior Center, Newtown Community Center & Senior Center at 8 Simpson Street, Newtown, CT and move indoors. Select 3 photos to share and then watch and learn while they are edited by instructors in a roundtable like setting
- 2:30 – Finished
- If the weather is bad the workshop will move inside the Newtown Senior Center
Free for members. $25 for non-members. Bonus – this $25 includes membership for the rest of current season, which ends August 31, 2024
To register, use our normal contact from. Please mention you are registering for the April workshop.