With everyone stuck at home, we thought we would play a virtual scavenger hunt in or near your home to break up the monotony.
You do not have to be a Facebook user to participate in this Scavenger Hunt! We will post here on our Flagpole website the 10 items that are selected at 10:00 live on our club’s Facebook page.
Here are the rules:
- All photos must be taken on Saturday, April 4th after 10 am and before 3 pm.
- There will be 10 categories picked at random. At 10 am on Saturday, April 4th, there will be a Facebook Live video on the club’s Facebook page picking the subjects and they will then be posted on this page and on the club’s Facebook page. We will also email the list to the club email list for those who are not on Facebook.
- You will then have 5 hours to take your photos, edit them and upload one photo to each of the 10 categories on the club website. The upload will be handled the same as our normal club digital competition uploads: login first, then go to https://flagpolephotographers.com/upload/ then select “Virtual Scavenger Hunt on Apr 4, 2020.”
- Don’t use the same photo for more than one category.
- By 3 pm on Saturday, you must have finished uploading your photos to the 10 categories.
The 10 Categories:
Rule of thirds
Smaller than a mouse
Please do not wait until the last minute to begin uploading. If everyone waits until the end, the system may run slower than normal. We recommend you upload each photo after you finish it. You don’t have to wait until you have all 10 photos completed before uploading any of them and they can be uploaded in any order. You can upload each one separately and then go back and add more. It is also ok if you don’t have all 10, just enter as many as you can. If you have problems uploading, call the club web developer, Chane Cullens, at 203-512-8057.
If you are not a club member with a login and want to participate in this Scavenger Hunt as a Guest Participant, register by emailing Info@FlagpolePhotographers.com by midnight Thursday, April 2nd, to get a guest account and password set up.
After 4 pm on Saturday, the galleries of submissions by category will be available for voting and displayed below.
All Club Members, whether participating in the Scavenger Hunt or not, and all registered Guest Participates can login and vote for their favorite photo in each category by typing the word “Like” in the comment field.
- You first need to click on your favorite photo in that category.
- Then in the box below the words “Leave A Comment”, to the right of the photo, type the word “Like”.
- Then click on the blue box that says “Post Comment.”
- Do this for each of the 10 categories.
We ask that you not vote for your own photos and only vote once per category. If you vote for more than one photo in any category, none of your votes in that category will be counted.
Voting will close at 4 pm on Sunday, April 5th. Winners for the 10 categories will be posted here and on the club’s Facebook page on Sunday evening.
The winner of each category will receive a certificate by email for their win.
Organized by: Sandy Schill – email@example.com
10 Galleries of Submitted Photos by Category:
Remember: Only vote for ONE photo per category! Do not vote for your own photo. Vote by clicking on your favorite photo per category, then typing the word “Like” in the box under “Leave A Comment” then clicking on the blue box that says “Post Comment.”
Note: If the system goes down, wait 10 minutes and try again.