Program – Macro/Close-Up Photography
Visitors are welcome to attend this free event.
Macro and close-up photography can reveal intricate details and fascinating textures that are often unseen by the naked eye. Close-up photography requires patience, attention to detail, and an eye for interesting subjects. There will be hands-on activities and tips to help everyone improve their close-up photography skills. For those of you that are interested in how this photo was shot, come join for an opportunity to take images like this one.
Hands-On Activity Stations
- Objects to photograph in hands-on stations: coins, flowers, action figures, toy car …
- There will be a few loaner tripods.
- 7:00 – Social time before the meeting starts
- 7:30 – Meeting starts – Welcome and announcements
- 7:35 –
- A brief presentation on macro/close-up photography and how to create your own lightbox
- A game with candy prizes for guessing the macro object in a photo
- Opportunities to take photos of small objects (toy cars, coins, colored pencils, and several others)
- Then – Practice and improve our skills inside our meeting room
What to Bring
A camera or device to take photos with and maybe a tripod.