Competition with “Hands” Assigned Subject & “Kitchen Close-up” Monthly Challenge
Visitors are welcome to attend this free program.
Flagpole Photographers membership is required to submit competition photos.
When unable to join from your device
Audio only: 1 646-992-2010
Meeting number: 132 451 9553
Meeting password: FPCC (aka 3722)
Digital Competition Categories
- Assigned Subject “Hands” – entries may be color or monochrome.
- Open Color – enter either Class A (advanced) or Class B, but not both. Any subject allowed.
- Open Monochrome – enter either Class A (advanced) or Class B, but not both. Any subject allowed.
- Monthly Challenge “Kitchen Close-up” – entries must be taken after Oct 22, 2020 and may be color or monochrome..
Online only. Join from wherever you are.
Learning Through Competition
Competitions encourage everyone to improve their skills and to learn new ways to look at things. Constructive comments from judges can be a very useful learning tool. However, judging art is very subjective. Judges can’t see inside your thought processes.
- If you like what a judge says, whether it is your photo or not, that is great. Use that insight to improve your photos going forward.
- If you disagree with what a judge says, that is ok too. If you like your art the way it is, that is more important than what anyone else says or how well it scores.
- You choose whether to use or ignore the judging comments.
Information for Judges
1. Assigned Subject
2. Open Color A
3. Open Color B
4. Monochrome A
5. Monochrome B
6. Monthly Challenge
Commenting on each photo
We ask that a judge provide a positive comment on each photo. Then, suggest how the photo might be strengthened.
Help the photographer think about a different perspective, crop, lighting, background, etc. the next time a similar situation presents itself.
Focus on suggestions for before the shutter was clicked. Try to avoid complex post-processing suggestions.
Run-through at start of each category
Ties resolved at end of each category
Range: 6 to 10 by half points
Practice using the keypad. Scoring is working when your choice is displayed in the lower right corner.