Competition with “Beach” Assigned Subject and Monthly Challenge “Window Light”
Visitors are welcome to attend this free meeting.
Flagpole Photographers membership is required to submit competition photos.
Arrive before the meeting starts for social time
7:30 – Meeting starts with club announcements
7:40 – Competition begins
1. Assigned Subject – “Rainy Day” – Entries may be color or monochrome.
2. Monthly Challenge – “TBD” – The Challenge subject is announced about 1 month before the competition. The Challenge photo must be taken after the subject is announced. Entries may be color or monochrome.
4. Open Color – enter either Class A (advanced) or Class B (beginner), but not both. Any subject allowed.
5. Open Monochrome – enter either Class A (advanced) or Class B (beginner), but not both. Any subject allowed.
Attend online from anywhere!
This join meeting button only works on the day of the meeting.
Or attend in-person at the Newtown Senior Center
Newtown Community Center & Senior Center at 8 Simpson Street, Newtown, CT
Learning Through Competition
Competitions encourage everyone to improve their skills and to learn new ways to look at things. Constructive comments from judges can be a very useful learning tool. However, judging art is very subjective. Judges can’t see inside your thought processes.
- If you like what a judge says, whether it is your photo or not, that is great. Use that insight to improve your photos going forward.
- If you disagree with what a judge says, that is ok too. If you like your art the way it is, that is more important than what anyone else says or how well it scores.
- You choose whether to use or ignore the judging comments.